Posted May 2022
With over 90 years of experience, Daniel is the only manufacturer that has the knowledge and experience to engineer and offer superior products that are trusted to provide the most reliable and accurate measurements in the global oil and gas industry. Daniel offers a wide variety of products including orifice fittings, liquid turbine meters and control valves. In 2021, Daniel was purchased by Turnspire Capital Partners and continues to focus of providing world class products to the oil and gas industry.
General Description: Responsible for the development and performance of all Company sales activities in geographical assigned territory. Provides leadership and direction for the achievement of company Vision and Mission. Establishes and implements strategic sales plan and project pursuit to expand customer base.
This position reports to North America Sales Director.
- Provide fundamental promotion and sales to defined customer list and / or region for Daniel gas products.
- Promotion includes presentations, “lunch and learns” and related business development activity.
- Meet or exceed bookings targets and related metrics established by sales management.
- Insert all opportunities and related quotations into CRM program for tracking and forecasting.
- Drive customer funnel (Acquire, Retain, Develop) to meet and exceed bookings target.
- Ensure enough opportunities and quotations in CRM to meet or exceed your sales bookings plan.
- Represent Daniel in a professional manner. Be aware of all customer service requirements and expectations and provide pre-eminent customer service to make certain their standards are met.
- Develops a business plan and strategy for their market to attain company sales goals and quota targets.
- Prepares sales goals and actions plans to support target growth in existing markets and initiates and coordinates development of action plans for existing account and new account penetration.
Education / Experience / Language Skills Required:
B.S. degree in Engineering or Business, plus eight to ten years of sales and managerial experience.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to implement actions, and drive sales goals to meet company targets and business plans
- Strong customer service orientation, must remain confident when dealing with negative situations
- Create a culture of continuous improvement
- Must possess good oral, written, and presentation skills
Position requires 40% overnight travel
Tools and Technology:
Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word
Job Specific Competencies:
Must have extensive experience in Oil & Gas Measurement and/or Flow Measurement with a proven record of success in sales or sales management.
Must demonstrate strong experience in all aspects of Supplier Relationship Management.
Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Gains insight into customer needs. Identifies opportunities that benefit the customer. Builds and delivers solutions that meet customer expectations. Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships.
Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Makes sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information. Relies on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment when making decisions. Considers all relevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles. Recognizes when a quick 80% solution will suffice.
Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
Has a strong bottom-line orientation. Persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. Has a track record of exceeding goals successfully. Pushes self and helps others achieve results.
Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
Follows through on commitments. Is seen as direct and truthful. Keeps confidences. Practices what he/she preaches. Shows consistency between words and actions.
Plans and Aligns
Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
Sets objectives to align with broader organizational goals. Breaks down objectives into appropriate initiatives and actions. Stages activities with relevant milestones and schedules. Anticipates and adjusts effective contingency plans.
Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities. Works out tough agreements and settles disputes equitably. Facilitates breakthroughs by integrating diverse views and finding common ground or acceptable alternatives. Settles differences in productive ways with minimum noise.
Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
Is sensitive to how people and organization’s function. Anticipates land mines and plans approach accordingly. Deals comfortably with organizational politics. Knows who has power, respect, and influence.
Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said.
Readily tackles tough assignments. Faces difficult issues and supports others who do the same. Provides direct and actionable feedback. Is willing to champion an idea or position despite dissent or political risk.